12 Unique Ideas For Creative Events That Leave A Lasting Impression
If you’re hosting a special occasion and want to turn it into an unforgettable experience for your guests, preparation isn’t the only important prerequisite. It’s also important to be able to be imaginative and original when organising a creative event; you want your guests to leave with positive memories and the feeling they just experienced something unique and extraordinary.
In this guide, we’re going to go over 12 ideas for events that’ll have your guests talking for months. From high-profile events to weddings, decoration to logistics, we’ve got all the innovative ideas covered. Let’s take a look!
What’s better for a creative event than a creative theme? If you’re hosting a gala or large corporate event, making it a themed occasion can turn a boring conference into a colourful spectacle. Having a themed event allows your guests to engage in the overall aim of the event in a fun, playful and immersive way – and don’t forget themed weddings!
Usage of unique equipment
If you’re wondering what makes the difference between a typical large event and something mind-blowing, it often comes down to something as simple as lighting. The lighting arrangement of your venue will determine the overall atmosphere during your event, so using the right audio-visual equipment can help you secure the vibe you’re after.
For example, using coloured lighting to reflect your brand logo or brand colours is a great way to host a promotional event for your business – you could even use light projection technology to display your logo (or that of a client) on the venue’s walls or ceilings.
For social events such as a wedding, mood lighting and pattern lighting helps create a fun, laid-back nightlife atmosphere that will help your guests relax and enjoy your special day. You can also adjust the lighting at several intervals during your event, keeping guest engagement high and creating new atmospheres at the click of a button.
Types of events
Hosting a spectacular event doesn’t mean you need to follow traditional rules. For example, advances in technology have made it easier than ever to host virtual or hybrid events for big occasions. Here are just a few different types of events that can leave a lasting impression on your guests:
- Hybrid events. Hybrid events are a great way to increase your audience attendance for your event while also minimising both event costs and your event’s carbon footprint. A hybrid event is as its name suggests: a mix between an in-person event and a virtual event. You can use a hybrid event for weddings between international couples, or for companies with a global reach.
- Live events. Probably the most common type of event, live events allow you to host guests in a large venue, whether it be for a company conference, a prom night, or a wedding. For the all-important occasions or a special day, you can’t beat the atmosphere of a live event.
- Virtual events. If you want to show your commitment to a lower carbon footprint, a virtual event is a great way to make an eco-friendly statement. Virtual events make for great promo for your company or organisation’s green values, and allow you to conduct events from any location around the globe.
Taking advantage of the season
If you’re stuck for inspiration, why not let the season do the work for you? Here are just a few season-themed ideas you can use for your next event:
- Summer. Summer is the perfect excuse for outdoor events; whether you want to host a barbecue or host a playfully competitive outdoor sports event, let your guests enjoy that ever-so-rare UK sunshine with a summer-themed event. If you’re hosting an outdoor wedding, don’t forget the gazebo in case it rains!
- Winter. You don’t need snow for a winter event, but it does add to the atmosphere! From Christmas balls to a festive wedding, winter is the perfect excuse to bring out the fake snowflakes and the tinsel.
- Autumn. While you might find it difficult to come up with an autumn-themed creative event, you can always fall back on the traditional Halloween costume party.
- Spring. From easter picnics to an outdoor wedding, Spring is the ideal season for taking your event outdoors.
If you want to truly create a unique experience for your guests, turn your venue into a one-of-a-kind set with the right set design and build. Set design allows you to create an event background that fully immerses your guests in the theme of your event or wedding, especially if optimised with video or audio technology.
Whether you want to create a specific atmosphere or simply want to help your guests better understand the event’s theme or aim, having professional artists and designers curate the event space is one of the easiest ways to make something unique and unforgettable.
Do note that you may need to obtain the permission of the venue before being able to organise any set design or building, depending on the nature and complexity of your desired set.
Custom food and drink
Food is one of the best parts of any large event, so why not customise it to suit the theme of your night? You can customise food to reflect any cultural theme or seasonal theme, or even the theme of a film or TV show!
You can also integrate food into the decorative aspect of your event: champagne towers, chocolate fountains, and cupcake towers all make for dazzling centrepieces and fun conversation starters at a wedding.
From Christmas food themes to summer food themes, the world really is your oyster when it comes to organising your event’s buffet or sit-down meal. Don’t forget to still make sure to cater to any allergies, food intolerances, or dietary preferences when curating your event’s menu – even if the menu is themed.
One way to liven up an event is to invite live performers. Whether you’re hosting a corporate event or a wedding, live performers keep your guests engaged and provide some much-needed structure to your event’s schedule. Live performers can include:
- Comedian. Liven up any conference or Christmas party with the help of a hired comedian.
- Circus performers. If you want to really go the extra mile, circus performers offer a fun spectacle for all ages – just make sure to clear it with the event venue first.
- A live band. If your event involves dancing and music, why not replace a DJ with a live band? Your guests will be able to request live renditions of their favourite songs, turning an ordinary event into something extraordinarily special.
- Impersonators. From Elvis to Britney Spears, impersonators and celebrity lookalikes can add a playful, fun dimension to an otherwise traditional or typical event.
Use of technology
With so many advances in technology, it would be a shame not to put them to use for your next creative event. Here are just some forms of technology that can liven up a corporate event, or turn your wedding from ordinary to extraordinary:
- Augmented reality. Augmented reality and virtual reality are two new forms of technology guaranteed to explode in popularity in the next few years. Augmented reality allows your guests to explore virtual or imagined worlds in real time, and is perfect for both social and business events.
- QR codes. QR codes are a great way to digitally revolutionise your next event – and cut down on paper waste while you’re at it! QR codes can be used to access the event’s menu, programme, and more.
- Live translation. If you’re offering a hybrid or online event, increase your reach by offering live translation of any speakers. This allows participants from all over the world to engage fully in your event.
Make it interactive
One of the easiest ways to increase guest engagement is to make your event interactive. You can do so by integrating the following activities into your creative event:
- Competitions. What better than a bit of healthy competition to keep your event fun? You can even include a prize draw to increase participation.
- Games. Add a playful aspect to your event with some organised games. From group Twister to classic games such as bingo, your guests will never get bored.
- Open mic. A great way to loosen up the atmosphere at a company event is to offer an open mic. If anything, it’s a great way to discover if you’re harbouring any secret comedic talent in your office! An open mic also offers an alternative take on speeches at weddings.
Use local businesses in events
We all know that events can incur high costs and an even higher carbon footprint. One way you can minimise this is by sourcing your materials and food from local businesses. Not only does this contribute positivity to the venue’s local community, but it also reduces carbon emissions by cutting back transport that would have been used to deliver your event supplies.
It’s also a great way to promote local businesses, whether it be a local stationary shop, bakery, butcher, farm, or local artists.
Events that you can learn from
A great way to host a memorable creative event is by hosting an interactive learning experience. Whether you host an expert in a specific field, a Q&A with an interesting public figure, or even just a traditional lecture, seminar, or class, learning events are sure to leave a lasting impression on your guests.
On the more sentimental side of things, why not host a reminiscing event with state-of-the-art visuals and a custom set design? From prom nights to high school reunions, modern visual technology can transform traditional events like these into unforgettable live experiences.
You can now even use virtual or augmented reality to add a realistically reminiscent dimension to any reunion event. And don’t forget the nostalgic mood lighting!
With so many different types of events to choose from, it can be difficult to narrow down one or two favourites. One of the easiest ways to settle on an event idea is to consider the overall aim of the planned occasion: are your guests there to buy, learn, or just enjoy themselves? Considering these factors makes it easier to pick an event theme that everyone will enjoy.
For more information on hosting spectacular events, take a look at our website or contact our team today at.