How Audio Visual design services can make or break an event
Audio Visual design is the integration of audio and visual elements to create a cohesive event experience. This can include everything from microphones & speakers for speeches, announcements and music; screens for showing images or videos; lighting to set the mood and much more.
Let’s take a look at how audio visual design can make or break your event and how you can use it to ensure yours is a success.
The importance of audio visual design
A good AV design can be a powerful tool in creating a memorable event. When used correctly, it keeps guests engaged and isn’t too overwhelming on the senses. A well-designed AV system can help you achieve your objectives by:
- Creating an appropriate ambience
- Encouraging interaction between attendees
- Promoting engagement with presentations or entertainment
How Can Audio Visual Equipment Enhance Your Event
AV equipment can be very expensive, but it is worth it if you want to make sure that your event is flawless. To ensure that your event goes off without a hitch, you need to prepare properly and have everything ready ahead of time so that you don’t run into any problems on the day of the event.
Visual equipment includes:
- TV screens
Audio equipment includes:
- Two-way radios
Weddings: Music is a big part of any wedding day, so speakers will be essential, whether it’s for playing music while the bride walks down the aisle or during the happy couple’s first dance. If there are a lot of guests, microphones can also be useful during speeches to ensure everyone can be heard. Once the wedding breakfast is over and it’s time to dance the night away, other AV equipment to consider includes dynamic lighting and light-up dancefloors.
For conferences: If there’s going to be a presentation, you may need to use a projector and screen for displaying the presenter’s slides. If you’re hosting a smaller event in a boardroom, for example, small LED screens may be perfectly suitable for displaying your presentation. Other useful equipment here includes microphones, speakers and podiums.
For music events and concerts: Big screens and cameras are vital for engaging audiences at concerts, especially during performance breaks. Two-way radios also help to ensure staff stay in constant communication with each other, especially in a large venue that’s playing a lot of loud music.
Preparation of an event
If you’re planning an event, you want to make sure that everything goes smoothly and that your guests have a good time. But a lot can go wrong with a badly designed AV system — from poor sound quality to poor lighting that doesn’t illuminate the stage or dance floor.
It’s key that you find an audio visual design team who can deliver the reliable technology collaboration solutions you and your clients need. Key things to look for when choosing a supplier include making sure:
- They know what works well in different spaces
- They have experience with different types of equipment
- They know how to present solutions and knowledge effectively
- They’re able to work to tight deadlines
Preparation for an event includes everything from ensuring backup systems and extra equipment is available in case something should go wrong to performing audio and visual checks and quality checks before the event starts.
Basic equipment used in audio visual design
- In-house lighting technologies
- In-house sound systems
- Portable sound systems (where an in-house device is insufficient)
- Mixer boards
- Additional electrical supply (where in-house systems are insufficient)
- Video cameras
- Desktop PCs and laptops
- Two-way radios for communication
- Projectors – built-in or special order where necessary
- Technicians – to operate cameras, lights, sound and projection
If you want to make sure that everything goes smoothly during your event, it’s best to hire a professional, such as Eclipse Global, who specialises in audio visual design services. Eclipse Global will help you create an amazing experience – we have over 30 years of expertise as AV designers for prestigious brands including Uber, ITV, and Coca Cola.
Tips on how to make your event successful
- Finding a reliable and good quality audio visual supplier: It’s important to find an equipment supplier you trust. We recommend asking about a company’s experience working with similar events and the type of equipment they can offer you.
- Have a clear theme and avoid unnecessary elements: It’s easy to go overboard with AV design; to avoid this, we recommend deciding on a clear theme first so you know exactly what you need.
- Think digitally: Video streaming is now a popular concept with conferences and festivals being streamed across the world online.
- Have equipment that can be used outdoors, just in case of a change in location: This is especially important for last-minute changes due to weather conditions.
- Decide if you need external professional help: There’s no shame in admitting you need help with AV design. If you’re unsure of the best setup for your event, investing in the services of an experience AV team can be very worthwhile.
For more information about audio visual design, visit Eclipse Global for a free consultation about your support solutions today.